Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Saving Time by Organizing


If there's one thing I hate--it has to be wasting time. I hate spending time picking out an outfit. If it was socially acceptable, I'd wear my favorite outfit everyday (which happens to be jeans and a t-shirt). Same goes with applying make-up. Fortunately, it takes me way less time than it used to. Accutane has cleared up my face (so less time covering up). But recently, I switched powders. I went from using one, simple compact powder to now having to open and apply three different powders to get an even complexion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the results--just the packaging. You see, Bare Minerals doesn't label any of their containers (except for the Mineral Veil). While it is labeled, it may just be the smallest writing I've ever seen. So for the last month, my morning routine goes as follows; pick up first container and turn over to see if it's the first step--it's usually not. Pick up the second container and flip over to see if it's the first step--nope, wrong again. I'm not sure why it took me so long to finally label each container but I can tell you, applying powder in the morning (post labeling) has been so much easier (and less frustrating).


New and improved labels. I never use the 4th container so I left it blank. When I now go to reach for the appropriate container for each step--I always grab the right one because of a simple and easy to read label.



I also timed myself applying powder the old way (without labels) and the new way (with labels). I am now saving around 11 seconds with my new labels. That adds up to a little over an hour over the course of a year (and I can always use an extra hour)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin