Sunday, November 1, 2009

Save Time, Money and Keep the Weight Off...


I am very good at cleaning the house and really bad at cooking a meal.  Actually, it's not that I'm a terrible cook, I just never practice.  I get confused about how long things take, the bread always burns and since I never have the staples on hand for a fancy meal--cooking at home can get expensive.  A little backstory--when I was growing up, I was always more interested in getting quarters to bounce off my bed than spending time in the kitchen.  That being said, I do have a few dishes in my arsenal that I can make on a Sunday evening for the upcoming week.  I won't bore you with what I cook for myself (it's bland and always the same).  Anyhow--I started cooking recently on Sunday evenings to save time (and money) during the week.  Lately, I've been extremely busy and running to Trader Joe's every day to pick up a salad can get expensive (not to mention drives me insane as I try to maneuver my car in the TJ's Silver Lake parking lot).  So I'm saving money and time by prepping in advance but I've also noticed that I'm able to maintain my weight much easier.  If I have food ready to go in the fridge, I'm less tempted to roll up to Del Taco (don't judge) and order really bad fried food that tastes really, really good.  

(Image: MonkeyCat)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin