Friday, July 10, 2009

Extra Time...


Oh extra time--you had me at hello. I love finding myself with extra time. It doesn't happen that often but when it does, it makes me very happy. But since it usually only comes on the weekends (when my body would rather not be so productive) I've had to work hard at creating extra time. Take for instance, washing the dishes or watering the plants (just a coincidence that they both involve water). Busy individuals are likely to say, I don't have time to wash the dishes or I can't keep plants alive because I always forget to water them (forgetting is often a byproduct of poor planning). Because I like to come home to a clean house and succulent plants that thrive, I need to create time to take care of them. How do you create time? Mark out time on your to-do list. Oftentimes, to-do lists get bombarded with to-do's (and leave little time to do things just for yourself). Your extra time might involve reading a book or taking up knitting. Whatever time you carve out for yourself, don't forget to include the thing you'd like to get accomplished (otherwise you'll forget).

(Image: Flickr member RBerteig licensed for use under Creative Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin